Quantcast

How to forward photos in emails

Question - I recently upgraded from I Windows XP and Outlook Express to Windows 7 and Windows Live Mail. Now, when trying to forward emails to others, I regularly receive the following message:' One or more of the pictures in this message could not be found. When you send this message these pictures will not be included. Are you sure you wish to send this message?' . I can receive messages with pictures but I cannot forward them to anyone. If I click send, the pictures are replaced with blank boxes with a small red cross in the corner. I am running Internet Explorer 9 and the latest version of AVG Antirirus.



Answer - We think this is happening because Windows Live Mail' s sending option is set to HTML, though the precise cause is a little convoluted.

While Windows Live Mail' s HTML mode enables you to create attractively formatted messages, with additions such as bold and italics, it also retains the formatting and any embedded images in received emails that you try to forward to others. However, it invokes a security feature designed to prevent you sending on malicious content.

There are two ways to fix the problem - either stop using HTML mode (in which case all emails you create will be in plain-text format) or disable the security feature that prevents images being forwarded.

The latter is not much of a security risk, particularly if good security software is installed (and AVG is as reliable as its contemporaries). To disable it, click the blue button in the top-left corner of the Windows Live Mail window (it has a down-pointing arrow on it), point to Options then choose Safety options. If you are using an older version of Windows Live Mail, open the Tools menu and choose Options. In the Safety Options dialogue box, select the Security tab and click to clear the ' Block images and other external content in HTML email' box. Select OK to close this box and you should now be able to forward emails containing images.

If you would prefer not to disable this option, follow the above guidance but choose Mail instead of Safety options. Select the Send tab in the Options dialogue box and then click to select the Plain Text radio button. Click OK to close this dialogue box.

0 nhận xét: